The Gumeracha Medieval Fair is organised and managed by a committee of local Torrens Valley people; they volunteer many hours towards this great Fair.
GUMERACHA MEDIEVAL FAIR VOLUNTEERS
The Gumeracha Medieval Fair is organised and managed by a committee of local Torrens Valley people; they volunteer many hours towards this great Fair. Over a period of 6 days, we have a team of over 140 enthusiastic volunteers from local and surrounding areas that assist with staging this fantastic weekend event.
During the weekend of the Medieval Fair our volunteers work in the following areas:
* Ticket Booths: selling tickets, manning Entry Gates: checking tickets of patrons entering the Fair, giving pass out stamps and checking wrist bands.
* Surveys: asking patrons to fill in surveys and then collecting them.
* Information Tent: includes answering questions and retail sales etc.
* Traffic Management: checking passes, traffic marshals, directing car parking.
* Runners: delivering messages, helping to troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
* Medieval Feast: set-up the hall, clean-up/washing-up duties on the night of the feast.
* Musicians Assistant: help musicians/entertainment, moving equipment.
* Costume Competition: help organise and run the Medieval Fair Costume Competition.
* Set-up/Pack-up: We particularly value and need volunteers who can help set-up for the Fair on the Friday beforehand, and/or help dismantle the event on Sunday after 4pm and help clean-up the park on the Monday following the Fair.
Volunteers are provided with lunch, snacks, tea, coffee and water on the days which they volunteer.
Net Profit from the Fair is divided by the total volunteer hours worked, allowing you to choose which not-for-profit organisation your volunteers hours go towards, or alternatively allocate them back to the Medieval Fair to help improve the Fair even more next year.
In June at the Volunteer’s Thank You Luncheon we were able to disperse $20,000 back into the community to the following Community Groups:
|Breakaway Synchro Skating Team||$ 930.00|
|Birdwood High Ag. Dept.||240.00|
|Cudlee Creek CFS||547.50|
|Friends of Birdwood Institute||1,507.50|
|Gumeracha CFS Brigade||2,347.50|
|Gumeracha Community Association||195.00|
|Gumeracha District Hospital Auxiliary||1,080.00|
|Gumeracha Medieval Fair Inc.||5,280.00|
|Gumeracha Town Hall Committee||577.50|
|Mannum Aboriginal Community Assoc.||877.50|
|Mt. Torrens CFS Brigade||630.00|
|Mylor CFS Brigade||240.00|
|Scout Shouts Theatre Group||1,740.00|
|Top of the Torrens Theatre Group||1,965.00|
|Torrens Valley Lions Club||2,640.00|
I would like to sincerely thank all of the volunteers who came and gave of their time and energy to help their Groups and the Gumeracha community.
The Gumeracha Medieval Fair Committee would also like to thank the visitors at
our fair for leaving the grounds so clean and tidy.