The Gumeracha Medieval Fair is organised and managed by a committee of local Torrens Valley people; they volunteer many hours towards this great Fair.
GUMERACHA MEDIEVAL FAIR VOLUNTEERS
The Gumeracha Medieval Fair is organised and managed by a committee of very committed people; they volunteer many hours towards this great Fair. Over a period of 6 days, we have a team of over 140 enthusiastic volunteers from local and surrounding areas that assist with staging this fantastic weekend event.
During the weekend of the Medieval Fair our volunteers work in the following areas:
- Ticket Booths: selling tickets, manning Entry Gates: checking tickets of patrons entering the Fair, giving pass out stamps and checking wrist bands.
- Surveys: asking patrons to fill in surveys and then collecting them.
- Information Tent: includes answering questions and retail sales etc.
- Traffic Management: checking passes, traffic marshals, directing car parking.
- Runners: delivering messages, helping to troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
- Medieval Feast: set-up the hall, clean-up/washing-up duties on the night of the feast.
- Musicians Assistant: help musicians/entertainment, moving equipment.
- Costume Competition: help organise and run the Medieval Fair Costume Competition.
- Set-up/Pack-up: We particularly value and need volunteers who can help set-up for the Fair on the Friday beforehand, and/or help dismantle the event on Sunday after 4pm and help clean-up the park on the Monday following the Fair.
Volunteers are provided with lunch, snacks, tea, coffee and water on the days which they volunteer.
The Gumeracha Medieval Fair Committee would also like to thank the visitors at our fair for leaving the grounds so clean and tidy.