The Gumeracha Medieval Fair Committee invites any Merchants or artisans whose trade was traditionally practiced in Medieval times to come and practice their art or craft in our Medieval Village among other enthusiastic Middle Ages craftspeople on the banks of Kenton Creek for the duration of the Medieval Fair.
Planned Medieval Village for 2015:
- The Australian Costumers Guild - Symon Williamson
- The Calligraphy Society of SA Inc. - Joan Stratford
- MacLadanae Highland Cattle Stud – Trevor Perry
- New Varangian Guard encampment
- NVG Ladoga
- Sven the Merchant - Sven Skildbiter
- Timber Frames of Australia - Peter Harwood
- Andy the Blacksmith – Andy Hartup
- Childrens Costumes – Fran Paynter
- Cooper – Steve Sinclair
- Corn Dolly Crafts- Christopher Gellie
- Chain Mail Maker – Mick Rotherham
- Fantasy Art Exhibition – Emerson Ward & Anthea Wright
- Gumeracha Kindergym – Jenny Mclaughlin
- Henna Artist – Vanessa Rosen
- Medieval Spinners – Jan Garnham
- Middle Eastern food/crafts – Fatin Shabbar
- Native Animal Network – Ann Pashley
- Metalsmith – Dean Markos
- The Bodhi Path – Debbie and Anthony Hibbert
CRITERIA for Joining the Medieval Village:
You will be wearing dress of the medieval period.
You will be able to show the making or practicing of your trade with period tools where possible.
Any structure you bring in to work in and around will be built of materials that appear to be of the period your trade existed (within OHS & W requirements so that it does not constitute a hazard to you or the general public).
You will be able to offer your services to the Gumeracha Medieval Fair free of charge in return for a free site in the Medieval Village.
You will endeavour to explain your trade and answer any questions that come from the general public throughout the opening times of the Medieval Fair.
You will be able to provide the Gumeracha Medieval Fair Committee with evidence of Public Liability Insurance Cover for your activity.
You will be able to sell any of your wares to the public during the Fair with a return of 10% being paid to the Gumeracha Medieval Fair Inc. Management Committee.
We ask that you leave your site in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the Fair.
INTERESTED? Please fill out the attached form and return to:
|Living History Trader Enquiries- Phone: 08 8389 1149
|Living History Traders Convener:||Michel Gray|
|Postal Address:||PO Box 36, Gumeracha, SA 5233|
Living Trader downloads for the 2015 fair now available